Lady Barbara

“Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. Being a Lady is a matter of choice”!

Today’s post title comes from a long standing joke amongst a group of friends. We had nicknames for each other, mine is ‘Lady Barbara’.

I supposedly had a way of eloquently putting across what I wanted to say as well as a certain penchant for the finer things in life. It is also said, I carry myself with an air of importance and sophistication. Not to blow my own horn, this is true in many ways plus it beats being called Babs!

The theme of this look is: Safari afternoon tea. It is feminine, sophisticated with an element of fun with the addition of the hat and the scarf.

Did you know you can purchase a certificate online that would officially have you titled Lady or Lord? Whilst it might be tempting to make things official, I am a firm advocate of something earned is far more gratifying as opposed to something purchased

Outfit details

Dress: Peacocks by Designed Limited

Shoes: Christian Louboutin

Scarf: Bally

Hat: Zara

Images courtesy of: LondonPortraitProject

barbara

Fashion for me must always contain a mix of individualism, character and an element of fun... My blog is the platform at which I can engage in two of my favorite things I.e. writing and fashion

Related Posts

8 Discussion to this post

1. Meilifisayo says:

Love it. Hello lady Barbara 💗

2. Stephylately says:

I do agree ! You do carry yourself in a sophisticated manner and always dress so ladylike which I love . Keep on slaying Hun . We love your style .

• barbara says:

Thank you my darling Stephanie. I love your style as well. Your tenacity for colour and your perfectly beat face brightens up my timeline. Hope you’ve had a relaxing weekend and ready for the week ahead 💕

3. Luna says:

You look so stunning babe. Love the outfit combo, so feminie and classic with a touch of chic to it. Btw so tempted to purchase my title Lady Luna lol, but I agree with that something earned is much more gratifying that purchased 😘😘😘

• barbara says:

Hahaha I now bestow upon you, your official title Lady Luna of Swaggsville . I am so glad you like this look. I had so much fun being photographed in it. 💕

4. Sonia says:

Hi Lady Barbara.. I wouldn’t agree with your friend’s any less. You ooze class and sophistication and can I come with you to an afternoon tea at the Safari Lady Barbara any time. You don’t need any certificate you have earn the name already. Very classy look

• barbara says:

Indeed Sonia. A timeless earned is far more gratifying than a title purchased. Thank you for stopping by and reading my post 🙂